a couple of twenty-somethings writing about our attempt at figuring out 'adult' life.

Friday 2 June 2017

One item four ways.. #1


My first attempt at fashion blogging, and I'm pretty proud of how it turned out actually! Steven really is a fab photographer.

One item four ways is a new series I'll be doing on the blog on a monthly basis. I'm trying to buy less, which means using and wearing my items more than once and styling them differently each time to make it feel like a new item of clothing every time I wear it.

Today it was the lovely Topshop skirt, a black and white striped ruffle chiffon mini skirt. 
I picked this skirt because it looked like an extremely adaptable item, as you can see from this post, you can dress it up, dress it down and even dress it for work. 

Night Out 


Skirt - Topshop
Tshirt - Topshop
Fishnets - Calzitaly
Boots - New Look 

I felt probably the most confident and comfortable in this outfit, it is definitely my favourite of the four. I love how adding the fishnets makes this look completely different. Fishnets are a trend I can jump on board with. This is the type of outfit I feel best in on a night out, it's just so much more me than a skimpy wee dress (although I love one of those occasionally too).

Casual


 Tshirt - Poppy Apparel 
Skirt - Topshop
Socks - Calzitaly 
Shoes - Vans 

I live in trainers, as you can tell by my beat up vans, so I loved the fact this skirt could be dressed down super casual with a pair of vans and a tshirt. I'd team this look with a denim jacket and a hoodie to add extra layers for the summer nights.
It's quick, easy, and perfect for coffee or lunch with your friends!

Date Night


Top - H&M
Skirt - Topshop
Shoes - New Look 

This top is like my one true love, it has got me through every event possible. Having a plain black cami in the wardrobe is something I highly recommend every girl to get their hands on. They go with everything, I wear mine with jeans, to work, and of course with my lovely new skirt!
I loved how just adding a chiffon cami and a pair of barely there heels made this skirt look super cute and date night ready. Team with a leather jacket and a clutch and you're good to go.

Work


Shirt - Jack Wills 
Skirt - Topshop 
Tights - Primark
Shoes - Primark 

Like everyone else on the planet, I spend most of my time at work and for that reason most of the clothes I buy are for work. I loved the fact that I could rock this skirt in so many other ways, but still make sure I get use out of it by wearing it to work. Just teaming it with a long sleeved blouse, black tights and flats make this skirt suitable for work, and you can feel super chic too! 

I hope you liked my first fashion post, I had so much fun taking the photos for this one, and I can't wait for the next one...

Thanks to Calzitaly for sending me the beautiful fishnets and socks featured in this post!

Ysabelle
xxx
Share:

6 comments

  1. Great looks, such a versatile skirt without having to stick to just a standard piece, like a black pencil skirt. I love it!

    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! I love the skirt too, such a good find in topshop! Xx

      Delete
  2. This skirt is not only cute but versatile. Great lookbook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, such a good find at Topshop!
      Thank you! <3

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig