a couple of twenty-somethings writing about our attempt at figuring out 'adult' life.

Saturday 17 June 2017

Liebster Award!



As we are currently moving boxes into our new flat, I thought now would be the prime time to get this post up! It's a wee filler, and I'll be back to my usual content next week. I thought this was a fab way to introduce you to some on my favourite bloggers while I'm busy busting my butt lifting heavy things!  

Thank you so much to the beautiful Lauren aka Hot Off the Gloss for nominating us for this award. Some people are so negative about these things, but I think it's so lovely that the blogging community show love and support to each other. Positivity and support is what keeps us all going!

Some house rules..


1. Answer the questions you were asked.
2. Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
3. Ask your nominees 11 questions.
4. Let them know you've nominated them.

So, let's get started with Lauren's questions...


Why did you start blogging?

I started blogging while I was still at school, so a very very long time ago *cry*. I was really into writing, I wanted to be a journalist at the time, and I loved politics. I used to write about all of those kinds of things, but in the last 4 years I moved over to blogging about my lifestyle, and more personal issues. I felt like talking about politics was like playing with fire and bred negativity *which we all know I dislike*. I find blogging really therapeutic. I feel like it is seriously important to talk about your issues.

How do you keep your content original?

It's really bloody hard. Some days I just have no idea what to write about. I guess I write about things that interest me, and things that are personal to me. That's kinda the only way you can stay original, if you start to write about things that you're not really interested in, you'll lose interest and start looking for ideas elsewhere, which ends up in mimicking others content. If i'm getting bogged down, I just take a break. I took a few months off at the start of the year, and now I have my blogging bug back!

Do you let your friends know you blog?

Hell freaking yeah. I'm proud of my blog, it's my favourite hobby and I am so passionate about it. If your friends are true friends, they will love your blog too!

Who inspires you?

I do really look up to Grace Victory. I love her blog and her youtube, she's from my home town, we went to the same school (she was a few years above me) and it's just so inspiring to see someone doing so well when they have faced issues similar to mine. I think anyone who overcomes trauma is an inspiration. Plus her blog and fashion is to DIE FOR. 

What have you learned from blogging so far?

Don't write about things you aren't interested in, just because everyone else is doing it. Write about the things you love! It doesn't matter that people who write about other things have more followers or views, you should only write about the things you love the most!

What is your favourite makeup product?

Shockingly, as I am so new to the highlighter craze, it's my solstice highlighter palette from sleek. DAMN. The colours are incredible, it's ridiculously long lasting and so affordable. 

Do you have any phobias?

Not being able to breathe. I had really bad asthma as a kid, so I think it stems from that! It's horrible. It seems to manifest itself worst when I am on a late night flight because of the stagnant air. 

What would you never eat?

I'd never eat meat again, I went vegan last year and I don't think I could ever eat beef ever again! I love cows far far far too much!

What are your goals for 2017?

Read more, take care of myself, make lots of fun memories and work on my blog more!
I've made a pretty good indent on some of those goals so far, so I am really pleased about that!

Do you have a dream destination?

I love the look of Bali, the Maldives and all of those kinds of places, but I'm so obsessed with Elche and this little hotel we stayed in for our pre-wedding honeymoon. It is so beautiful.

How long does it take you to write a blog post?

Sometimes it can take weeks. It depends on the content. My most recent post took forever because I wanted to make sure I got my point across clearly. My fashion post didn't take much time because there wasn't that much to say I guess! 

It's time for my nominations... 


Lauren
Girl Off Duty

Lucy
Lucinda Anderson


Angelika
Angelika Blogs


Emily
Emiloue

Lucy
Forever September 

I could have nominated 5000000 people, but these are the ones that came to mind immediately when answering this questions.

 Now it's time for my questions to you guys..



1. Where is your favourite place to write?
2. What is your favourite topic to write about?
3. What inspires you to write and keep blogging?
4. Who is your favourite blogger, big or small?
5. What is the one thing you couldn't live without?
6. What is your favourite social media platform?
7. What have you achieved this year? *big yourselves up gals*
8. What has been your favourite day so far this year?
9. What are you most looking forward to?
10. What are your blogging/social media goals for this year?
11. What do you want to be doing 10 years from now?

I can't wait to read your posts.
<3

ysabelle
xxxxxx




Share:

1 comment

  1. Thanks for the nomination gal! Promise to write this post this week xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig