a couple of twenty-somethings writing about our attempt at figuring out 'adult' life.

Thursday 25 May 2017

Lime Salon Biolage Product Launch!




I couldn't believe my eyes when I received an invite to Lime Salon's Biolage event.
Not only was I invited to the product launch of the new Biolage hair products, but the lovely owner of the salon, John, had arranged for me to have a hair treatment, my make-up done with a mini-tutorial and a full set of acrylic nails with shellac!
I had the choice of going to work... or effectively being pampered and treated like a princess for the day, and who could say no to that?!

So first things first, I just want to say how much I loved Lime Salon (this isn't one of those "oh I have to say nice things" things) I genuinely had the BEST salon experience ever. I've been to salons at both ends of the UK, and I have never felt so welcomed and comfortable.
Every single member of staff took a second to either say hi, or smile in my direction, and they were doing the same with every other client in the salon at the time.
Not only was the customer service absolutely outstanding at all times, the salon itself is gorgeous. It's spacious so you don't feel like you're on top of each other, and the visual merchandising compliments the decor unbelievably well, and lets not get into the massage shampoo basin chairs... I almost fell asleep I was so relaxed.


Lime Salon is the flagship salon for Matrix Biolage, and on Wednesday 24th May, the salon hosted a product launch for their latest range of R.A.W. products. 

As a lover of the environment, these products immediately drew me in. Each ingredient in these products is sustainably and ethically sourced. Lisa, from Matrix, took the time to explain to me how the products make it from source to bottle. Biolage uses waste products, this means that the ingredients in these bottles would have previously gone to waste, but instead Biolage use these products, and ensures that funds earned go towards supporting the local communities in which these ingredients come from. That's pretty damn impressive to me.  Not only that, but the formulas are from up to 97% natural origin. The natural formula means that up it is up to 99% biodegradable.  There are no sulfates, no silicones, no parabens, no artificial colourants. The only thing i'd ever really been concerned about flushing down my plug hole before now was products containing microbeads, i hadn't thought of the chemicals from my hair products, and now that I have there is no going back. Even the bottles they are made in are post consumer recycled materials! 

The environment is something we might think about when we recycle our glass, cans or cardboard, but you might not necessarily be thinking about the products you are using on your hair, body or face and how the production of these effect the environment. Take a look into the products that you use on a daily basis, see how the companies you fund take care of the world we live in, you'll be shocked. Just something to think about the next time you're shopping for your hair care products.



Onto the treatments.. my day kicked off with a biolage hair treatment. Callum & Megan were looking after me, and after checking out my hair *and telling me it was super healthy aka the best compliment you can get from a hairdresser* as I have quite fine, flat hair they decided that the best Biolage products for my hair would be the uplift shampoo and conditioner, the re-bodify clay mask for my roots & the nourish clay mask for my mid length and ends.
What I loved the most was how enthusiastic Callum was to use these new products on my hair. The way he talked me through each of the products kept me super excited to see the results throughout the entire experience.

So we started with the Uplift range shampoo on my hair. This shampoo is designed to purify your hair without stripping it. The combination of the charcoal, kiwi and ginger in the range re-vitalises your hair, making it feel light, clean and full of body.

Next, it was time for the masks. I've always avoided masks in the past because my hair doesn't usually respond well to heavy conditioning products, so I was excited but nervous to see the outcome of the mask on my hair. Callum applied the re-bodify clay mask to my roots, and a little bit of the nourish mask through the mid lengths of my hair and to my roots. The make-up of this mask is amazing, so good in fact that Callum then the mask to give me a hand massage during the five minutes of waiting, we ended up gabbing about how adorable Callum's new pup was... so I'm now blaming him for my want to get a puppy EVEN more than before!

When it was time to rinse my hair, I was nervous and excited to see the results of the masks, but not before adding the uplift conditioner which has the kaolin clay in it too, just further nourishing my hair!

Then it was time for the lovely Megan to treat me to a blow dry and style, I was beyond happy with how beautiful it came out at the end. I felt like an absolute princess, and my hair just felt so light and full of body. I loved chatting away with Megan about our nephews, again, it was so lovely to find it so easy to talk to someone! I'm sure we've all had those awkward salon conversations before, but Megan just made it all so easy.

Just an added bonus, but all of these products smell incredible. There are so few chemicals in them, that you don't get that artificial chemical ridden scent you get from your usual cheap superstore shampoos. These are filled with fresh ingredients, and the natural scent is unbelievable.

I couldn't have been happier with the results, my hair has never felt so light. Usually by the end of the evening my hair starts to feel greasy and heavy (which I know is my own fault) but when I woke up the following day my hair felt just as healthy, and clean and I didn't need to do my usual daily wash.


Next it was time for my make up...


Can we all just take a second to appreciate the beauty of this studio. I was a little bit awestruck. I've been dying on seeing how amazing these ring lights were - and holy guacamole - they delivered.

Not only did Becca completely transform my look, she was kind enough to talk me through every single product she was using, including the types of brushes she was using, we discussed the products I use on a daily basis, and she gave me so many AMAZING make-tips.She was even kind enough to give me a silicone beauty blender to try!(I'm practising already... watch out beauty world, this gal can *almost* get her winged eyeliner perfect, also p.s. this gal does not need powder in her brows haha)

Lime also sells the Nanshy brushes, so you don't have to order something unknown and hope for the best - you can chat to Becca about the quality of these brushes and even have them tested on you whilst getting your make-up done.

So what's on my face?

Brows - Illamasqua Brow build in Amplify
Eye Primer - Mac Paint Pot in Painterly
Eyeshadow - Tarte 'Tartelette in Bloom' Palette
Eye Glitter - Stargazer UV Green Glitter set with NYX glitter glue, and a little Anastasia Beverly Hills Moonchild Palette in Lucky Clover.
Liner - Maybelline Black Gel Liner (Nanshy Liner Brush available to buy in Lime) set with Urban Decay Blackout eyeshadow.
Lashes - Eldora H171 lashes
Foundation - Mac NC15 prolongwear waterproof foundation
Concealer - Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer in Vanilla
Powder - Mac Studio Fix setting powder in NW20
Bronzer - Mac Medium Tan mineralise powder
Blusher - Mac Warm Soul
Highlight - Sleek Solstice palette
Lips - Mac Spice lip pencil with NYX stockholm soft matte lipcream.

#nofilter ahaha

I was then taken through to meet the lovely Sarah (R) who was kindly doing my nails! I was lucky enough to be getting a full set of acrylic nails with shellac polish and glitter! Yes, I went for glitter.. shocking for me I know. One thing I loved about my time at the salon was the way Sarah talked me through every step of my nails, she discussed everything she was doing as she did it.
Now I am useless with my nails, absolutely useless. I have spent my entire life biting them, and the last time I got acrylics I picked them all off one by one, leaving my nails feeling weak and brittle. It was horrific!After much deliberation and discussion over whether or not I'd settle for my usual nude or pastel nails, we decided i'd go way out my comfort zone and picked the beautiful raspberry red colour Tinted Love with pink glitter on the tips.

They are perfect. I've never been more pleased with the outcome of my nails before!


See the finished look in my little boomerang below...

I just wanted to reiterate how thankful to John and the rest of the team at Lime Salon, and to Biolage for having me at their product launch event! I had the best day, and I look forward to coming back to the salon in the future.

If you live in the vicinity of Edinburgh, Fife, Inverkeithing or Dunfermline it is well worth making the journey to Lime for all of your beauty needs.

ysabelle 
xxxxx
Share:

2 comments

  1. Sounds like an amazing experience!

    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig