a couple of twenty-somethings writing about our attempt at figuring out 'adult' life.

Tuesday 2 May 2017

Blogging is hard...


It's no secret that I'm struggling to blog at the moment.

My last post was a recipe, over a blooming month ago.

Since starting my new job, my priorities have been a bit out of whack. I'm really missing studying, but I don't want to go back to university, I'm really missing exercising, but I have no energy, I'm really missing blogging but I don't know what to write about so collectively I have absolutely no idea what I want to be doing and when...

It's very fun *not*

BUT 

It's a new month, and I want to start fresh.

Everyone knows that goals aren't really real unless you write them down and publish them to the world right?!

So here is my mid year crisis list of goals...

1. Take more photos.

For the blog, but also for instagram. I really want to grow my following on instagram and I SUCK at taking consistent photos because I just like photos and that's why I post them. I know it seems stupid, but it's true. My apple pie doesn't match the theme for going out for a walk the next day but HEY HO. That's the reality of day to day life.
I can't cope with this whole 'having a colour theme gets you more followers thing'.  I know it's more aesthetically pleasing to look at someone's profile and have the photos follow a consistent pattern, but my green waterproof/windproof practical jacket doesn't stick to these particularly strict guidelines.

2. Go out more.

Get out and about more with Steven, and with friends. Steven and I have been out on a few nice walks recently, but we do often find ourselves going to the same places, so I really want to get into the habit of actually travelling about Aberdeenshire and the rest of Scotland a little more.
I'm going to do some research and make an Aberdeenshire bucket list, and go for it.

3. Read.

I started off the year SO well with my reading goals, but since getting into my lovely new office job, I have lost all interest in reading. I think it's because I spend most of my day reading things... and when I get home I don't want to have to use my brain anymore, but this is silly!
I have noticed that I struggle to fall asleep more now that I don't read before bed, and I do miss it.
So I'm going to get back into it, and complete my 50 book challenge!

4. Exercise.

There was a time, believe it or not, when I went to the gym five days a week. I loved it!
I think it helped that it was the gym at the school I worked at, and it was empty after work so I was alone and free to do some ugly HIIT workouts without being judged for my fatty bits, my poor form and getting out of breath too quickly.
My new gym is BUSY. I started going in the mornings, but then I lost motivation all over again. I just have no idea what i'm doing and running all the time (as much as I love it) can get really boring. So I'm going to do my research and learn some new gym-skills/habits/techniques and get back into actually enjoying the gym once and for all. 

5. Clear my mind.

I never really talk about mental health because I am (shockingly) quite a private person, but I think a lot of the reason I have lost interest in all of the things I love is because my mind is foggy and clouded with negativity at the moment.
So I'm going to start making sure I take the right steps to eradicate this dark cloud, and talk and write and do more things that make me happy, even if that is just cosying on the sofa and binge watching KUWTK (sorry, not sorry). It's not easy to admit that you need to do this, so I feel like this is a positive step in the right direction.



So, yeah.

At least this is a blog post *finally*

Ysabelle
x



Share:

2 comments

  1. I love the idea of an Aberdeenshire bucket list!

    Christy x
    Dinner Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this! And your pictures are amaze <3
    We can motivate each other to get back into blogging, and let me know if you find any good places in Aberdeenshire xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig